Para ver o conteúdo no seu idioma selecione
Welcome to Microsoft Informática
Microsoft-Informática, S.A. founded in June 1981, making this year 2023 the 27th anniversary of this division existence.
As the name indicates, Microsoft-Informática, S.A. was born as a computer company with the object of developing software “soft” for “micro” computers, hence the name Micro and Soft, MICROSOFT.
Today, Microsoft is dedicated to areas ranging from Web Servers Management solutions, to BMS (Building Management Systems) and ending with Inmótica e Domótica Building and Home Automation.
It is that this site is dedicated to and represents a commitment to the future of intelligent spaces, be they homes, offices, hotels, hospitals or any other type of institutional building, such as museums, ministries, among others.
The name has always aroused great curiosity, due to the existence of the Microsoft Corporation. In fact, Microsoft Corporation only came to Portugal in 1990, nine years after our company was founded, which is why the American multinational cannot use the name in our territory, so here its subsidiary has the name of MSFT.
As the name indicates, Microsoft-Informática, S.A. was born as a computer company with the object of developing software “Soft” for “Micro” computers, hence the name MICRO and SOFT, MICROSOFT.
By creating the Home Automation (Domotics) Division, MICROSOFT materializes its vision of being at the forefront of present and future technologies. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning” Big Data, IoT, Robotics, and Automation represent the new “normals” in present/near future technologies. As such, MICROSOFT could not fail to invest in these areas, starting a KNX solutions distributor project, in order to enhance that same vision.
Our Mission is to provide the integrators market with innovative KNX automation solutions and products, personalized, and differentiated that allow our distributors the possibility of distinguishing themselves by the quality and versatility of the automation solutions that they can offer to their customers. We aim to provide complete and funcional solutions to do the global automatization of costumers homes and offices through our chain of integrators.
MICROSOFT’s strategy is to SUPPORT with extreme professionalism, seriousness and quality, the requests of its distributors (Integrators, installers, Architects, Construction companies, etc), in order to help them to carry out their automation projects, offering not only solutions and products, but also for those less used to it, the projects, drawings and eventually programming and labeling, thus allowing a win-win partnership with its distributors.
Our unequivocal objective is to be a Major Player in the KNX market, not only in the national territory and in the Palops, but also over time to evolve towards its internationalization which already represents about 25% of its turnover. To be the leader of a distribution channel for KNX products and solutions, providing unique and innovative solutions that lead to the expansion of your business and that of your distributors in the areas of automation, as well as making our distributors aware of a set of services ranging from the development of projects to simple technical consultancy, responding effectively and assertively with the best. price/utility ratio.
In 1981, Microsoft S.A. was founded, focusing on providing technological solutions to enable, operate and transform the business of its customers. And today a leader in the IT market, our goal is to contribute ethically and excellently to the modernization, security and business continuity of our customers.
Our mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers through our great people. Each client has a Custom Technology Action Plan to leverage / maximize their business ambitions and needs. And that is why for us each case is a different and special case.
- We achieve client value through excellent, consistent delivery
- Our clients are at the centre of everything we do
- We go the extra mile, we deliver
Why choose us
Through a unique combination of technical solutions, customization and expertise.
Technology solutions aligned to business challenges
Customised and tailored solutions that meet client needs
Services that support clients across all stages of their IT journey
Deep technical expertise in our areas of focus
10 reasons for Home Automation
10 good reasons why it is worthwhile to automate the electrical system of a building and make it modern, efficient and safe.
- Today it is unthinkable to construct a building without an open, future-oriented automation and control system. In this way, the building is by its nature innovative and safe, maintains value and commercial attractiveness over time and contributes to the indispensable environmental sustainability.
- All functions can be managed through the use of a single device with simple and intuitive gestures. The operation of each household adapts flexibly to individual needs and requirements, thanks to the possibility of extensive customisation.
- The house offers great active and passive security. The intrusion control is supported by the simulation of presence with lighting on and off when you are away from home, video surveillance with remote control, detection of gas leaks and the danger of flooding with relevant alarm notification.
- The lighting control is complete: power on and off, dimming, choice of colour combinations for RGB LED sources. The concept of “dynamic light” becomes reality: brightness and colour warmth that vary according to human needs to ensure visual comfort, well-being, concentration and a correct impact on biological rhythms.
- The control of the audio and video equipment is fully integrated with the other domotics functions. You can emulate the remote controls of multimedia devices such as TVs, video projectors or DVD and stereo players, using a single user interface on smartphones or tablets.
- The management of blinds and shutters is automated: in combination with weather stations, it is possible to limit or exploit the solar intake (depending on the season) and thus achieve significant savings in heating and cooling energy. In case of precipitation or frost, awnings and shutters can be placed in a safe position to avoid damage.
- The most energy-intensive appliances are actively managed (oven, induction plates, washing machines) with non-priority load’s disconnection, avoiding the intervention of the main switches. Loads are continuously monitored to increase awareness of their energy behaviour, verify which appliances determine the highest consumption and in which time slots.
- An ideal setting for heating, ventilation and air conditioning of rooms. Changing set points, selecting the conduction mode and setting fan speeds are easy. Controlling relative humidity and air quality (CO2) increases well-being. Simple daily and weekly programming of time slots.
- Scenarios allow to delegate the repetitive everyday gestures, reset the system according to the different housing needs (outside the house - inside the house, summer-winter, exit-entrance, night-day, weekdays - holidays, children at home - outside the house, guest scenery, relaxation, etc.) and recall the programmed automations.
- Simplicity in system design and requirements definition. Suitable for new construction and renovation.
- Easy re-adaptation of the system following structural changes or needs that change over time (even after a long time has passed since its creation).
- Maximum freedom and flexibility in programming devices to achieve the desired functions.
- The wiring of the system is much simpler than the traditional solution due to a smaller number of cables installed.
- The system equipment and the consequent number of functions managed can increase gradually over time. In order for this to be possible, it is necessary to structure the system properly and then to design and prepare it correctly. It is possible to initially set it up with the minimum necessary (at a very low cost) and then gradually develop it according to real needs.
- This function is made possible by the availability of latest generation phones and tablets with large displays, friendly and intuitive interfaces with the possibility of adding tools and functions with Apps. Increasingly high-performance network services make it possible to interact with great reliability and very short response times. Each control task can therefore also be carried out remotely via an Internet connection.
- Intrusion control with presence simulation by switching lights on and off when away from home, remote-controlled video surveillance, gas leak and pipe breakage control with alarm notification.
- Innovative voice control via Amazon, Apple and Google home speakers, equipped with voice assistants, provides an incomparable user experience and control convenience.
- The installation, also thanks to the technology with which it is made, is very reliable and consequently the risk of malfunction or disservice is almost non-existent.
- Simplicity in the design of the system and definition of requirements. Suitable for new construction and renovation.
- Control panels connected at very low voltage (absence of mains voltage 230V). Greater safety of use, lower risk of electric shock, reduction of electromagnetic pollution in the home.
- The system, due to its intrinsic reliability, is free from maintenance and periodic intervention.
- Revaluation of the property in case of renovation, increase and maintenance of value over time (estimated at about 5%) in case of new construction. In the United States and the United Kingdom, more than half of Real Estate Agencies have already granted added value to properties with Home Automation solutions, and new buildings are designed or already equipped with numerous automation devices.
- Increase of the value and commercial attractiveness of the building with higher energy class thanks to the home automation equipment (according to UNI EN 15232, to be certified by UNI/TS 11651).
- Enhancement of the building value by achieving the system’s performance level 3 by means of advanced home automation functions (according to IEC 64-8, Chapter 37).
- The word Savings already justifies every action.... but do we want to quantify? With a boiler combined with an intelligent thermostat, the average saving reaches 30% without any compromise on comfort, guaranteed by the perfect integration of weather station, smart thermostatic valves, sensors on openings and presence detectors. Exploitation or limitation of sunlight (via shielding or...).
- The home automation system is the ideal infrastructure for transmitting and displaying consumption data from smart meters inside the building. Only thanks to the timely and frequent monitoring and visibility of energy and water consumption on home automation displays or Apps for smartphones does the user become aware of their behaviour and can change them virtuously.
- Thermoregulation for individual rooms or zones and hourly programming to reduce energy consumption, guaranteeing the high level of comfort of modern buildings. Each degree of reduction in temperature corresponds to a saving of about 6% in energy.
- Home automation technology contributes significantly to the achievement of the European Union’s objectives on “near zero energy” buildings (NZEB according to Directive 2010/31/EU and Legislative Decree no. 63 of 4 June 2013).
- Detection of presence and movement to activate lighting and air conditioning only where and when really needed.
- Home and building automation offers an effective tool for achieving environmental sustainability strategies and building certification (according to LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
- Exploiting the solar contribution or limiting it through coordinated and automated management of shading.
- Smart homes and buildings are designed for future connection to a smart grid and, more generally, to be an active part of a smart city. The automatic management of the building’s energy demand will make it possible to implement the concept of “demand response”, for example by shifting some consumption in response to the current electricity price.
- By dimming the light sources it is possible to reduce energy consumption and adapt the intensity of the lighting to the various situations and needs.
- Possibility of benefitting tax deduction’s schemes (e.g. Stability Law 2016, Art. 1 paragraph 88) linked to the equipment of the home automation system.
- The modest difference in cost between the traditional system solution and the automation solution is caused by the need for certain devices to build the automation system (estimated at about 20%). This difference is largely absorbed by the lower cost of installation time (which is reduced) and by the lower cost of some installation materials (e.g. cables, pipes).
- The KNX standard guarantees the durability and availability of the technology over time and thus the certainty of source of spare parts and replacement products in the future.
- The spread of KNX and standardised training ensures that expert technicians and competent system integrators are available everywhere.